Even if you’ve been convicted of a crime, an Arizona appeals attorney can help you. At The Heath Law Firm, PLLC, I dedicate a significant portion of my practice to appellate work. I focus on the big picture while paying attention to tiny details throughout all stages of litigation.

Give me a call today to discuss your options and determine the best strategy for you: an appeal, a petition for post-conviction relief or simply setting aside your offense. Sometimes an appeal might not make sense for you. That’s why it’s important to get good advice from experienced appellate counsel that puts your goals first to devise a strategy that works best for you.


If you were convicted at trial in Arizona, your case isn’t necessarily over. You may want to file an appeal and have a higher court review your case for error. But don’t wait because there are time limits to filing. If you’re interested in an appeal, get help right away because you only have a 14 days to file a notice of appeal or you’ll lose that right. Even if time limits to appeal have already run out, give me a call to discuss your options.


Another vehicle is post-conviction relief. If you’ve lost on appeal or took a plea, you may be able to file for post-conviction relief. Arizona provides relief for certain types of errors. The most common type of relief is ineffective assistance of counsel. This means your prior attorney failed to provide competent or adequate defense on your behalf. Like an appeal, you have a limited time to file your petition or you’ll likely lose that right.

Contact Me

Whatever type of criminal conviction you have on your record, there may be options for eliminating it or sealing it from public view. Call my office in Mesa at 480-442-0489 or contact me by email arrange an opportunity to discuss your circumstances.

Heath Law Firm lobby